By passing a university entrance examination at the University College of Teacher Education Burgenland, you acquire the general university entrance qualification for the Bachelor's degree course in teaching or for Bachelor's degree courses in general pedagogical professional fields. This entitles you to submit an application for admission to the corresponding Bachelor's study programme throughout Austria.
Application and admission to the "Studienberechtigungsprüfung"
Applications for admission to the "Studienberechtigungsprüfung" must be submitted to the relevant department (Department of Education and Practical Studies) using the application form.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of citizenship
- Photo ID
- Proof of status (if available)
- Curriculum vitae
- School reports (of all school education from year 8 onwards)
- Certificates of employment (extract of periods of insurance)
- Seminar certificates (if available)
- Other certificates
Admission to the "Studienberechtigungsprüfung" is open to appplicants who are seeking admission to a course of study at a University College of Teacher Education and who have reached the age of 20 and can prove that they have successfully completed vocational or extra-vocational training for the intended course of study which clearly goes beyond the fulfilment of general compulsory schooling.
By way of derogation from the above, applicants are also to be admitted to the "Studienberechtigungsprüfung" if they
- have passed a final apprenticeship examination, or
- have completed secondary school, or
- have successfully completed vocational training of equivalent scope and requirements and have completed a total of four years of training (possibly by completing a further course of training).