The goal of the Center for Science and Mathematics is to make science and mathematics directly tangible and understandable for children and young people of all ages. The search for the recognition of connections is supported by a variety of offers such as self-determined learning and experimenting, and should encourage further thinking.
The tasks of the Center for Science and Mathematics are:
- Promotion of didactic research
- Conception and organisation of further education and training in the field of natural sciences and mathematics
- Support for schools in innovative school projects
- Counselling and mentoring of teachers and kindergarten teachers
- Contact point for regional and national networking in the field of didactics for education, further education and training