The best teachers for our children - following this guiding principle, the Private University College of Teacher Education Burgenland (PH Burgenland) offers research-led education, further education and training as well as counselling for schools and preschools in Burgenland. The linguistic and cultural diversity of Burgenland is always in the centre of our attention.
In the sense of a career-biographical education continuum, students, teachers in service at the preschool, primary and secondary level as well as managers of the education system are qualified and supported. Increased use of online teaching enables - in addition to our full-time study programmes - studies also for those in employment or for people with family care responsibilities.
The content profile is developed in the following areas (listed in alphabetical order):
- Guidance and counselling for educational institutions
- Education for sustainable development
- Digital competence
- Elementary/Preschool education and transitional education
- Multilingualism and intercultural learning
- Minority education and autochthonous minority languages
- Personality development, violence prevention and pedagogical relationship building
- Religion, Diversity, Ethics
We as Rectorate ensure - in close coordination with the management team and the extended management circle - that the necessary framework conditions and structures are in place so that all employees can contribute to the fulfilment of this responsible task using their specific strengths.